Monday, March 3, 2014

I am so in love

So, one week ago today i heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time. it took a second for the doctor to find it and i held my breath, when she found it, a sigh of relief, and a feeling i have never felt before waved over me. proud. i was proud of my little baby, so amazing what that baby has done, has grown so much already that a heartbeat is there. the sensation overwhelmed me, but in a way i could have never imagined. i looked back at my husband, and his eyes were focused on this little box that was producing such a magnificent sound. i smiled at him as he stared at this box in a quizzical manner. the sound filled the room, my ears, my heart and i knew at that moment i never wanted the doctor to move that magical wand that connected me to my baby so i could hear what was going on inside of my body. i of course recorded the sound and have proudly shown anyone who will listen. that's my baby. that's my little love bug, my bean my peanut, or whatever little name that will come along, but what matters is that that baby is ours, i cant even explain the love for this child, who i haven't even met yet, thoughts of baby things cloud my head, baby clothes and noses and fingers and toes. i see babies in carriages and i can just only smile wildly to myself one day very soon that's going to be me and my baby. thats going to be me holding and rocking and soothing a baby. and i honestly can not wait. i am enjoying being pregnant. i really am. i love every second of it. i feel at ease, relaxed happy and proud. but gosh do i want to hold my baby so badly. it seems as though the time is just whirring by me in an instant, hours to days to weeks to months now, wasn't it JUST January? didn't i JUST find out i was pregnant? and now im heading into week thirteen, my second trimester approaching faster than i can even blink an eye? Due date will be here faster than you can even imagine! than i can even imagine. this baby is going to storm the world, oh ive got big expectations of you little one, such big dreams and aspirations! oh baby of mine, hurry up and take your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment