Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Have some courtesy ... Don't say that to a pregnant lady.

For this, the offensive, or annoying thing you SHOULDNT say is going to be in bold. And my response, or the response of one of the girls in my Facebook group for mamas is going to be in regular non boldness. The first question is a pre pregnancy question that KILLS me when people ask. Also, this will be ongoing, as I'm SURE there will be more that come up... Just scroll down to see the new addition... Or if you have any additions to this one I'd LOVE to hear about it... Please comment what was said, and your response to it!! 

Are you guys trying to have a baby? 
1. It's NONE of your business. What if I wasn't fertile. Or if he wasn't... Shut your face. 2. Yes. Yes my husband and I have consummated our marriage and yes, we continue to. -_- shove it. You have no idea the situation we are in, or if that couple CAN have babies. It's rude and not something you should be asking. 

Wow, you don't look pregnant?! 
Really? Because according to my pants, that I can no longer wear I'm a huge beach ball. Are you kidding me? What kills me is that people who have been, or are currently pregnant have said this to me. No. Shut it. I'm a fatty fatty 2x4 can't through the kitchen door. Don't comment on weight or if I look pregnant. That's rude. Shush. 

You're hormonal because you're pregnant... 
'No you dumbass, you just piss me off, pregnant or not!'
-J and I couldn't have said it better myself! 

THAT'S what you chose for a name? I don't like it because (xyz) how about _______ instead. 
You know what? No. Shut up. This is not your child. You did not have a hand, (or part) in making this child. How DARE you say something like that... I wasn't ASKING your opinion, I was TELLING you what my husband and I have chose to name our child. The name has meaning to us. WE like it and your opinion does not matter. And to suggest otherwise is rude and inconsiderate. It goes along with, if you've got nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. 

Was it an accident?/ Are you keeping it? 
I don't even have words for you. Shut your mouth. It's none of your business. How dare you ask someone that... I can't. I can't even with this one. This seriously just makes me want to punch you in the eye... 


Oh, just you wait... 
Really? Do you think that I've never seen a movie, had younger siblings, shared a bedroom with a baby, babysat, or even have any kind of knowledge of a baby whatsoever? So I've never been pregnant before, but I'm aware, that I'm going to be uncomfortable, I'm aware that I pee ALL THE F*CK*NG TIME. I understand what being pregnant entails, and I'm aware that a baby, WHO RELIES FULLY ON OTHER HUMANS TO KEEP IT ALIVE comes after being pregnant. Crap. I know... I get it. There's a baby coming and she's going to cry. And I'm going to cry because I -just don't know what to do- I. Freaking. Know. That I am 'in for it'. Enough. Stop saying that to people. It's awful. 


Oh, don't worry about that, it's a part of being pregnant it's 'normal' 
You know what. Every pregnancy is different. So no. Don't tell me not to worry, you don't know me, or my body, my pregnancy or my doctor. Well. You might know me, or my doctor, but just because you have previously been pregnant, or 'you've heard/read' something online doesn't make you a fucking expert. I have a tiny person growing inside of me, and you know what?! It's weird... It's awkward, and uncomfortable. Don't belittle me and my feelings because it's 'normal' what's normal for you, could be awfully dangerous for someone else. Like, for instance, my stomach pains, weren't actually my uterus growing like everybody said it was, it's a pulled groin muscle. So yea. It's super freaking painful and it sucks. So. Shove it... 


Should you be eating/doing that? 
Go away. I've talked with my doctor, we know what I should and shouldn't be eating. Yea. Maybe a burger isn't the BEST choice... But at that moment it could possibly be the only thing I can eat with out it projectile vomiting back up. So. Sh. Also, you don't see EVERY choice I make. So how can you POSSIBLY know what's good for me right then. LEAVE ME AND MY FUCKING FRENCH FRIES ALONE unless you want to get the death glare from hell and a reprimanding. Mind ya biz. As far as I'm concerned. The only person that even has a right to say something is my husband... And even that pisses me off... No one is safe. And you don't know what I should be doing. If I'm doing something, and I seem to be struggling, fucking help me. Don't just stare with your mouth gaping open, do a little jog if you're that concerned and help. Crap. It's not that hard. I help strangers all the time. Because it's nice and I know I'd appreciate it. So either help me, or move on and shut your mouth. 

Get your sleep now while you can!! 
Because sleep will never ever happen ever again ever. Right? Ok. Cause it's that easy. Please... Honestly, sleep that I do get? Sucks. I wake up consistently. For no reason. And I'm just awake... I can't fall asleep. And I can't stay asleep. Maybe this is mother natures horrific way of preparing me for what's to come. But if one more person tells me to 'get it while I can' I'm going to call them every time I can't sleep so they can sing me a damn lullaby to get me back to sleep. Seriously. Sleep isn't happening now either... So. I mean. Your comment already doesn't fit. 




 

1 comment:

  1. I actually ended up changing Olivia's name about a month and a half before she was born because of people's constant comments and options about what we had chosen. It still pisses me off. This time regardless of the sex NOONE gets to know the name until the day I have the child. The rest of These also drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete